WELCOME TO DOWAGIAC UNION SCHOOLS
Message from the School Nurse:
We have seen an increase in number of students with Strep throat and stomach viruses. Please remember to keep your student home if they are sick, have had a fever of 100.4 degrees in the last 24 hours, or experiencing nausea and vomiting. Please ensure that the main office has your current contact information so that if you student is ill during the school day we will be able to contact you.
When to Keep Kids Home
If your child has any of the following you should keep them home unless symptom free for 24 hours or on antibiotics for the same amount of time.
• Fevers (anything greater than 100.4 degrees). Please refrain from giving them Tylenol or Motrin and sending them to school anyway; that’s not really the best thing for your child or the kid that sits next to them at school.
• Vomiting more than twice in a day (once is a freebie, but more than that becomes concerning)
• Diarrhea more than twice in a day
• Coughing with significant mucous production or difficulty breathing
• Strep throat or signs concerning for strep throat including fevers, sore throat, and headache
• Pink eye- Must be on antibiotics for 24 hours prior to returning to school.
• Rash- If you know its eczema or irritation from a new laundry detergent by all means send your child out the door. But when a rash is accompanied by fevers and/or not feels well, it’s usually best to see the doctor. If the rash does not go away after 2-3 days if may be time to see your child’s physician.
Please call or email me with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-782-4440 ext. 1129.
And remember! Hand washing, hand washing, and then more hand washing.
2016-17 Transportation Request Form
Every person in our community can make a difference
in the lives of students by volunteering your time,
donating goods or services,
sharing your knowledge, or
serving on committees.
Fill out the volunteer form below and
return it to a school or to the central office today.
A very special thank you to Scott Rose
(on Facebook as Photography by Scott Rose)
for generously providing us with wonderful pictures
to post here on our website and on our Facebook pages.
Web Accessibility Statement
Dowagiac Union Schools recognizes the importance of ensuring our website is accessible to those with disabilities. We are committed to making our information accessible to visitors with disabilities and are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
This website endeavors to conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible and the District is working to educate our staff so that the content they may post on their classroom websites will be compliant with the guidelines and be accessible to all visitors.
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
DUS strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability as comprehensively as possible on this website. We are currently exploring compliance service opportunities that will scan our website and identify non-compliant elements or documents that need to be addressed.
Portable Document Format
Some documents on the DUS website are produced in portable document format (PDF). In order to improve viewing these files, please download the latest version of Adobe Reader, which is available for free at the Adobe web site. Alternative accessible formats also are provided, where possible, most commonly through a text or an HTML file.
We are continually seeking solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing the DUS website, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.